Rates per person in USD:
Land Arrangement Rates
True to its name, you'll find so many highlights here: the Alhambra, the modernist architecture of Barcelona, Madrid's Prado Museum, the Andalusian capital of Seville and Cordoba's Mezquita, to name but a few. This tour combines with Northern Spain to form Spanish Heritage.
|Starts on||Returns on||Twin Sharing||Single Occupancy|
|June 1, 2017||June 9, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|June 3, 2017||June 11, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|June 8, 2017||June 16, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|June 10, 2017||June 18, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|June 15, 2017||June 23, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|June 17, 2017||June 25, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|June 22, 2017||June 30, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|June 24, 2017||July 2, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|June 29, 2017||July 7, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|July 1, 2017||July 9, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|July 6, 2017||July 14, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|July 8, 2017||July 16, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|July 13, 2017||July 21, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|July 15, 2017||July 23, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|July 20, 2017||July 28, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|July 22, 2017||July 30, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|July 29, 2017||Aug 6, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|Aug 5, 2017||Aug 13, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|Aug 12, 2017||Aug 20, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|Aug 19, 2017||Aug 27, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|Aug 26, 2017||Sep 3, 2017||US$2175||US$2915|
|Aug 31, 2017||Sep 8, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|Sep 2, 2017||Sep 10, 2017||US$2295||US$3035|
|Sep 7, 2017||Sep 15, 2017||US$2295||US$3035|
|Sep 9, 2017||Sep 17, 2017||US$2295||US$3035|
|Sep 14, 2017||Sep 22, 2017||US$2295||US$3035|
|Sep 16, 2017||Sep 24, 2017||US$2295||US$3035|
|Sep 21, 2017||Sep 29, 2017||US$2295||US$3035|
|Sep 23, 2017||Oct 1, 2017||US$2295||US$3035|
|Sep 28, 2017||Oct 6, 2017||US$2150||US$2890|
|Sep 30, 2017||Oct 8, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|Oct 7, 2017||Oct 15, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|Oct 14, 2017||Oct 22, 2017||US$2195||US$2935|
|Oct 28, 2017||Nov 5, 2017||US$2150||US$2840|
|Nov 4, 2017||Nov 12, 2017||US$1925||US$2195|
|Nov 18, 2017||Nov 26, 2017||US$1925||US$2465|
|Nov 25, 2017||Dec 3, 2017||US$1925||US$2465|
|Dec 20, 2017||Dec 28, 2017||US$2050||US$2590|
|Dec 27, 2017||Jan 4, 2018||US$2050||US$2590|
- Barcelona: A Local Expert will take you inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia Basilica.
- Granada: Visit the Alhambra Palace with an Expert, an arabesque fantasy in stone, complemented by the gardens of the Generalife.
- Seville: Step inside the impressive cathedral, past the altarpiece, dripping with gold, to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Cordoba: See the Roman Bridge and with a Local Expert, explore the Mezquita. With its forest of horseshoe arches, this fascinating building symbolises many of Cordoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Madrid: Study the world's finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an expert art historian.
- Barcelona: Enjoy a walking tour with a local expert through the old lanes and squares of the Gothic Quarter. Drive down the elegant Passeig de Gràcia to witness some of the finest modernist architecture.
- Peñíscola: See the castle featured in the film El Cid.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the huge City Gates of Serranos and Quart.
- Seville: Visit the beautiful Plaza de España in Seville's Maria Luisa Park. Enjoy a walking tour of the Santa Cruz Quarter with its pretty squares and flower-decked balconies. Emerge by the walls of the Alcazar
- Cordoba: Spend some time in the old Jewish Quarter.
- Madrid: Your guided tour shows you the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de España, Royal Palace, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
- Scenic drives: Cross the Sierra Nevada, Plains of La Mancha.
- Valencia: Learn the authentic recipe of paella in a fun cookery demonstration and savour the flavours of this classic dish for dinner, washed down with a glass of Sangria!
- Seville: Over dinner with wine, the stage suddenly erupts with the unmistakable singing, clapping and throbbing guitars of flamenco.
- Madrid: Honest culinary traditions and a fiesta of fresh ingredients are the hallmarks of your end-of-tour Spanish Celebration Dinner. The perfect accompaniment to good conversation and a chilled glass of beer or wine.
- 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 Signature Evenings (SE), 1 three-course table d’hôte Dinner (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Barcelona: The Melia Barcelona Sarrià is a luxurious hotel located in the heart of the city. Facilities include a fitness centre, restaurant, café, lounge and bar.
- Valencia: The Barceló Valencia hotel is situated right in the centre of the 'City of Arts and Sciences', opposite the Queen Sofia Palace of Arts, a building which was designed by the renowned architect Santiago Calatrava and is situated in one of the most modern and attractive areas of the city.
- Madrid: Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at the Hesperia Madrid.
- An expert Insight Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your 'travelling concierge', this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your 'friend in a foreign land'.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight's luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It's business class comfort.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating insights and commentaries.
- Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel.
- Hotel and restaurant tips included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- Insight Flourishes - from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
ADDITIONAL FIVE STAR SERVICES
Highlights of Spain
Day 1 Welcome to Barcelona
Airport transfers depart from Barcelona Airport for your hotel at 09:30, 12:30 & 15:00. Later, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception and the chance to mingle over a delightful evening of dinner and wine.
Hotel: Meliá Barcelona Sarrià
Welcome Reception and Dinner
Day 2 Barcelona, the City of Gaudi
(Relaxed Start) Join a Local Expert to explore the narrow lanes and old squares behind the cathedral. See the lively Rambla as we head along the Passeig de Gràcia, adorned with elegant wrought-iron street lamps and some of the most flamboyant Modernist buildings. Continue through the Eixample district for a visit inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia to see the central nave with its giant, tree-like pillars and spectacular vaulting. Enjoy a free afternoon to explore.
Hotel: Meliá Barcelona Sarrià
Day 3 Drive along the Orange Blossom Coast to Valencia
Follow the sunny Costa Dorada, past the rice fields of the Ebro Delta to stop by Peñíscola and see the sea-lapped castle, used in the film El Cid. Now through the famous orange groves to Valencia where you see the ultra modern Centre of Arts and Sciences. Circumnavigate the old town, past the City Gates of Serranos and Quart to reach your hotel. Valencia is home to one of the world's greatest dishes. Nowhere, but nowhere, will you eat better paella! Tonight learn the authentic recipe in a fun cookery demonstration and savour the flavours of this classic dish for dinner washed down with a glass of Sangria!
Hotel: Hotel Barcelo Valencia
Buffet Breakfast, Signature Evening
Day 4 Follow the Sierra Nevada to Granada and the Alhambra
Drive along the Costa Blanca, past the castle at Lorca and troglodyte dwellings hollowed out of the soft rock, at Purullena. Enjoy views of the Sierra Nevada from the distance as you reach glorious Granada. Overlooking the town stands one of the most remarkable fortresses ever built – the Alhambra. Explore this exquisite palace; a fantasy of stone-cut lace, arabesque gardens and fountains, built as a citadel by the Moors in the 13th century. Also stroll through the exotic water gardens of the Generalife, the Royal summer residence.
Hotel: Melia Granada/Saray Hotel, Granada
Buffet Breakfast, Three-course Dinner with wine, plus tea or coffee
Day 5 Scenic drive to Seville
This morning, there is time, if you wish, to explore the labyrinthine Albaicin Quarter - from the Church of St Nicholas, there is one of the most exquisite views of the Alhambra. Then drive to Seville past gleaming white villages and olive groves that stretch as far as the eye can see. This exquisite capital of Andalucía is simply one of Spain's most charming jewels. Tonight, enjoy the flavours of Andalucía and share in the passion of Spain's most fiery region at a Flamenco show and dinner.
Hotel: Ayre, Seville
Buffet Breakfast, Signature Evening
Day 6 Seville, the City of Carmen
Seville has a distinctive character and presence best revealed by a local expert. During your stay, visit the Plaza de España in Maria Louisa Park. Then stroll through the fashionable Santa Cruz Quarter with its flower bedecked wrought-iron balconies. Emerge by the Alcazar - a Moorish fantasy in stone, set in richly scented gardens. Visit the massive cathedral, burial place of Christopher Columbus and enriched with the spoils of the New World. The energetic can climb the Giralda Tower, former minaret of the Great Mosque and enjoy views over the city. This afternoon is at leisure.
Hotel: Ayre, Seville
Day 7 Moorish Cordoba and on to Madrid
Set off early along the Guadalquivir Valley, past villages and towns studded with Moorish towers and fortresses. Stop in the perfectly preserved Moorish city of Cordoba. See the famous 2000-year-old bridge and meet a local historian for a visit to the magnificent Mezquita, an 8th century mosque with a Christian church built inside it. Afterwards, there is free time to stroll through the narrow streets of the Old Jewish Quarter. Follow in the footsteps of Don Quixote now as you travel through the Mancha vineyards to the famous wine-centre of Valdepeñas, its roads lined with bodegas (wine-cellars). Learn about the wines that make this region so famous and taste their robust flavours. Move on to the capital of Madrid.
Hotel: Hesperia, Madrid
Day 8 Madrid of the Bourbons
(Relaxed Start) Join a Local Expert for sightseeing along the noble avenues. See the statue of Cervantes' fictional hero, Don Quixote, in the Plaza de España. Continue past the Cibeles Fountain and the Parliament and cross the Puerta del Sol. Visit the Prado Museum, a magnificent palace housing works by Botticelli, Velázquez, Goya, Titian, Rubens and others. Take time out to relax at a café or shop in the trendy boutiques or perhaps enjoy an optional experience to beautiful Toledo. In the evening, join a farewell Celebration Dinner in the heart of town, complete with wine.
Hotel: Hesperia, Madrid
Buffet Breakfast, Celebration Dinner
Day 9 Farewell Madrid
Board your onward flights today, taking home memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. Departure transfers arrive at Madrid Airport at 07:00, 09:00 & 11:00.